Friday, October 15, 2010

Tis' Boot Season

The leaves are changing, and that perfect smell is back in the air. It is finally time to dust off your pea coat and gloves and come to the reality that winter is right around the corner. As a life long New Yorker of come to accept that winter can be as beautiful as it is disgusting. Sure a snowy winter wonderland always brings me back to my youth, but the brown slush and icy puddles that can be found at every street corner isn’t something I like to romanticize. It is that slush and disgustingness that brings me to my next point—if your going to survive as a New Yorker a good pair no—a great pair, of boots is essential. You don’t want to be that guy that walks into a party looking like he just lost a battle of epic proportions with brown slush. With that said finding the perfect balance of practicality and style in a pair of boots is a delicate thing. Yes you want a pair of boots that will keep you warm and dry, but you also don’t want something that are how do I say this? Ugly.

I recently was faced with this problem my self, I sensed that boot season was coming faster then usual and had to get a pair before it was too late. After doing weeks (alright more like hours) of research I found the only two pairs of boots that offered comfort and practicality as well as style. The two winners are LL Beans legendary Bean Boots and Ralph Laurens Ranger boots. Both these styles are truly the only boots on the market that combine every element you would want.

The Ralph Lauren Boots are classy, vintage genuine leather combined with thinsulate and sheep’s fur to allow you feet to stay as warm as possible. It’s the combination of the classic Ralph Lauren style with extremely warm materials that make these boots a winner.

Of course it would be impractical to have two pairs of winter boots, so like many other men. I had to make a choice, what pair of boots did I want to christen my feet for this winter and many others to come. The answer was obvious; I had to go LL Bean Boots. . The first thing is there completely water proof which is amazing, there extremely stylish and they have a life time warranty not to mention there made in the USA which is an added bonus. Wearing these beauties around not only makes me feel fresh, but I am also guaranteed to stay dry, well my feet are at least.

1 comment:

  1. This is good. I like the voice that's emerged. And you have interesting things to say about your fashion choices. This seems like it was written extremely quickly , though - lots of typos, etc. Also, links!

    B_

    ReplyDelete